- Gottman Level 1 Professional Training
March 10, 2023 - March 11, 2023
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Our practical, emotion-focused, and highly effective approach is based on Drs. John and Julie Gottman’s four decades of research with more than 3,000 couples. It is the most extensive study ever done on marital stability and divorce prediction.
Training events are offered and scheduled by Certified Gottman Therapists, Gottman Master Trainers and Gottman Workshop Presenters. Please confirm the details for your training event on the individual registration pages.
Created by The Gottman Institute | For Professionals | Clinical Training
You will be introduced to Dr. Gottman’s breakthrough research on thousands of couples to understand the difference between the “Masters” and “Disasters” of relationships. If you are not already doing assessment, this training will teach you how to assess a relationship’s strengths and areas of concern using empirically validated questionnaires.
You will view original videos of real couples from the famous Gottman “Love Lab,” as well as videos of Dr. Julie Gottman demonstrating assessment and interventions in a case example from her private practice.
What will I learn in Level 1?
Who is this training for?
- 300-page digital Level 1 Clinical Training Manual
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1 Training Certificate of Completion.
- Up to 11 CE Hours available
- Videos for online lectures and interventions included
- Eligibility to continue to Level 2 Training
- Summarize the research that allows us to predict future relationship stability.
- Describe the seven levels of the Sound Relationship House Theory.
- Conduct a couple’s therapy assessment using elements of the couple’s narrative, the Oral History Interview, written questionnaires, observations of conflict and individual interviews.
- Describe two interventions to help strengthen a couple’s conflict management.
- Describe two interventions to enhance a couple’s friendship system.
- Describe two interventions to explore a couple’s system of shared meaning.
- Explain why physiological self-soothing is essential for a healthy relationship.
- Create a therapeutic contract with a couple, discuss and decide on goals and include a summary of the couples strengths and areas that need improvement.
- Describe the Philosophy of Therapy and including assumptions, overview of techniques and goals of therapy.
- Describe the Rapoport Intervention and when to use it.
- Describe the process of therapy, including the structure of a session.
Help Couples In Distress
Flexible Study Format
“This was the best seminar I have ever attended. It not only provided me a wealth of valuable tools in my practice, but challenged some ideas I have held.”
– Anonymous evaluation from Houston, TX
“I particularly enjoyed the excellent clinical films and found them especially useful in understanding the assessments and interventions that were taught. Appreciated seeing actual examples of sessions and examples of different ideas/thoughts of what to say and how to implement interventions.”
– Anonymous evaluation from San Francisco, CA
“This was the single most useful conference I have attended in twenty-three years of clinical practice. Clear, concise, useful! Thank you so much for your presentation, your work, and your humor.!”
– Anonymous evaluation from Seattle, WA
Caralee Frederic, LCSW
Caralee Frederic, LCSW
Student eligibility: Students/Military/First Responders
After final deadline, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire if seats are available.
Have a promo code? Choose your ticket and register. Enter and submit promo code on payment page.
On the payment page, choose "PayPal." Then, you will have the option of paying with PayPal or with a credit card.
$200 Credit to Attend Couples Workshop With Your Partner
Attend a LEVEL 1 or LEVEL 2 or LEVEL 3 TRAINING and get $200 credit to attend Gottman's The Art and Science of Love couples workshop presented by Caralee Frederic, LCSW. Credit good for up to one year of the date of the Level training.
When you attend the workshop, you must show confirmation of attendance to a Gottman Level training. Credit will be given after the workshop.
Venue: Hilton Garden Inn
Venue Phone: 719-598-6866Address: