Gottman Level 3 Training in Centennial, CO
October 6, 2022 - October 8, 2022
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Created by The Gottman Institute | For Professionals | Clinical Training
Early Bird Deadline: April 23, 2021
Standard Deadline: Sept 17, 2021
Bridging The Couples Chasm
Oct 4-5, 2021
Expand your counseling and therapy skills with Gottman methods and concepts.
11 Continuing Educational Credits Available
Assessment, Intervention, and Co-Morbidities
Oct 6-8, 2021
Refine your clinical skills, expand your toolbox of strategies and interventions, and integrate Gottman concepts into your practice.
21 Continuing Educational Credits Available
Plus, Lifetime Access To All Level 2 Videos Featuring The Gottmans
NOTE: Some minor changes have been made to the Continuing Education credits and Course Objectives to comply with R. Cassidy Seminars, which is the organization providing the CE credits.
Live & In-Person
Join our live trainings with Caralee Frederic, LCSW, who trained under Drs. John and Julie Gottman and has assisted them at their workshops as well.
- Discussion. You will have the benefit of a Certified Gottman Therapist to guide you through the materials.
- Q&A. Ask her questions about how Gottman Method assessments and treatments actually work in real world, and about her experiences as a couples therapist.
3000+ Couples PLUS 40+ Years of Research
The field of couples therapy has desperately needed a theory — one with a strong empirical basis. Here it is.
The development of the Gottman Method began more than 40 years ago and it has withstood the test of time. See why 100,000 clinicians worldwide use Gottman Couples Therapy.
Register today. Seats are extremely limited due to physical distancing practices.
Level Up You Skills, Grow Your Practice
Be the therapist who can treat couples we see most often in our practices: Those struggling with trauma, such as affairs, addictions and domestic violence.
LEVEL 1 | Format & Materials
Level 1 | You Receive
- Up to 11 CE Hours available
- 300-page Level 1 Clinical Training Manual
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 1 Training Certificate of Completion from The Gottman Institute
- Eligibility to continue to Level 2
- Summarize the research that allows us to predict future relationship stability.
- Describe the seven levels of the Sound Relationship House Theory.
- Conduct a couple’s therapy assessment using elements of the couple’s narrative, the Oral History Interview, written questionnaires, observations of conflict and individual interviews.
- Describe two interventions to help strengthen a couple’s conflict management.
- Describe two interventions to enhance a couple’s friendship system.
- Describe two interventions to explore a couple’s system of shared meaning.
- Explain why physiological self-soothing is essential for a healthy relationship.
- Create a therapeutic contract with a couple, discuss and decide on goals and include a summary of the couples strengths and areas that need improvement.
- Describe the Philosophy of Therapy and including assumptions, overview of techniques and goals of therapy.
- Describe the Rapoport Intervention and when to use it.
- Describe the process of therapy, including the structure of a session.
LEVEL 2 | Format & Materials
Role playing. This segment allows to you commit the tools to memory and learn the skills to handle any problematic issues that may arise in sessions.
Level 2 | You Receive
- Up to 19 CE Hours available
- Downloads of all 19 hours of video instruction and clinical demonstration*
- 734-page Level 2 Clinical Training Manual PDF (core assessments and interventions)*
- 262-page PDF of lecture slides
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy Level 2 Training Certificate of Completion from The Gottman Institute
- Eligibility to continue to Level 3 Training
*The free videos are not usually given to participants. However, the Gottman Institute is offering them as an effort to assist therapists during the global pandemic.
- Explain the basics of observation including why it’s important to recognize Emotions on the Human Face, Tension in the Voice, the Importance of Words and the use of the SPAFF coding system
- Describe the seven levels of the Sound Relationship House theory
- Describe how to recognize Bids and Turning Towards
- Explain the components of the first three Assessment sessions
- Explain and demonstrate how to conduct an Oral History Interview
- Explain and demonstrate how to conduct a Feedback Session, including how to formulate a Treatment Plan and how to present it to the couple using the Sound Relationship House model
- Describe the use of the core assessments with couples, including the Locke-Wallace, Weiss-Cerretto, Gottman Sounds Relationship House Questionnaires, Gottman 19 Areas Checklist, EAQ, SCL-90, Detour Scales, CAGE, and b-MAST
- Explain and demonstrate the rules for Gentle Start Up
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the “Four Horsemen”
- Prepare couples to physiologically soothe when flooded
- Select and implement interventions to help deal with conflict
- Apply different modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in a couples interaction
- Assist couples to establish dialogue about their gridlocked conflicts
- Instruct couples on how to work towards compromise on perpetual problems using the Two Oval method
- Describe the five steps of processing a fight or a regrettable incident using the Aftermath of A Fight intervention
- Use and describe the Stress-Reducing Conversation to minimize relapse
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their “Friendship System” by working on Fondness and Admiration
Help Couples In Distress
Flexible Study Format
Training Is For:
- Mental health providers
- Allied professionals and clergy
- Students and interns
- Family clinic staff
- Professors/teachers of couples therapy
- Researchers in the social sciences and
- Employee assistance professionals.
“I especially appreciated the segment on addictions and co-morbidity. Interesting research/data and paradigm shift on tradition substance use. Thanks.”
“I loved this training. I learned many skills to enhance my practice. Caralee does a great job.”
“I loved Caralee! She is a professional and articulate presenter. The content was deep and rich, as well as presented in a safe and educational environment. I would come again and look for which sessions Caralee would be leading!”
Caralee Frederic, LCSW
Caralee Frederic, LCSW
Student eligibility: students, interns, social sciences professors
After final deadline, contact email@example.com to inquire if seats are available.
Have a promo code? Choose your ticket and register. Enter and submit promo code on payment page.
On the payment page, choose "PayPal." Then, you will have the option of paying with PayPal or with a credit card.