THE FASTEST WAY TO A BETTER RELATIONSHIP IN ONE WEEKEND
The Art and Science of Love is the world’s premier couples relationship workshop, developed by Drs. John and Julie Gottman. Based on clinical research spanning 40+ years, this workshop teaches exactly what successful couples do to foster romance and harmony in their marriages.
REGISTER for The Art and Science of Love.
IS IT WORTHWHILE?
If your relationship is healthy, this weekend workshop will give you insight and tools to take your love to an even better, happier place. For relationships in distress, this workshop gives you a roadmap for repair.
86% of couples who attend this workshop say the weekend was a positive experience.
My workshop concepts and methods are backed by ground-breaking scientific studies involving more than 40 years of research that tracked 3000+ couples by the world famous Gottman Institute.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Two full days of instruction and guidance from licensed, experienced Gottman-certified therapists.
- Share a deeper connection with each other's goals and dreams
- Foster romance and harmony
- Replace damaging behaviors with fondness, admiration, closeness and trust
- Learn how to approach and work through solvable and unsolvable conflicts
- Learn important conflict management and communication skills
- Spice up your sex life
WHAT TO EXPECT
You'll feel relaxed and comfortable, and even find the experience to be a fun, bonding time as a couple. I'll teach you through humorous, yet insightful, stories and role-plays. I'll also provide further explanation into the research and data to support the concepts and skills taught at the workshop.
You'll also have opportunities to work privately on exercises designed to address the challenges of your relationships. Each couple receives support from Certified Gottman Therapists while completing the exercises.
At the workshop, you will:
- Not endure group work or public disclosure.
- Not be intimidated or embarrassed.
- Not feel as though you are wasting your time or money.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The workshop is for ALL couples, including those that:
- may not want to go to private counseling, but seek practical, hands-on information to strengthen their relationships.
- need to get away from the daily grind and get together for a retreat.
- value the chance for a marriage or relationship “check up.”
- that want to ensure their relationship is sustainable and lasting.
- has been in a short- or long-term relationship.
- that may be in distress and seek a roadmap to repairing the relationship.
- have a strong relationship and seek insight to make it even better.
Most men who attend this couples workshop report that this workshop feels particularly comfortable for them because its practical approach leaves them feeling like they can easily apply the skills they learn.
Do you feel you and/or your partner:
- withdraws and avoids efforts to solve problems?
- keeps to oneself more?
- lacks affection?
- compares or criticizes?
- tunes out?
- has lost interest in the other's life goals and dreams?
- express contempt, either verbal or through body language?
- Friday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (registration at 8:00 am)
- Saturday: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
DETAILED WORKSHOP TOPICS
FIVE BASIC QUESTIONS
- How is your marriage/relationship doing?
- What makes relationships change, for better or for worse?
- If your marriage is in trouble, how can you turn it around?
- If your marriage is doing well, how can you ensure that your relationship will continue to grow?
- As your relationship improves, how can you make changes last?
ASSESS YOUR MARRIAGE
- Learn to recognize the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and what to do if they are attacking your marriage.
- Identify your relationship's specific strengths and how to build on these.
- Learn about the effects of physiological flooding and how it may affect conflict resolution.
- Learn small easy steps that increase romance in your relationship.
BUILD A SOLID MARITAL HOUSE
- Learn how Love Maps provide a solid foundation for your marital intimacy.
- Use the Fondness & Admiration System to renew respect and care for one another.
- Create an Emotional Bank Account that you can draw upon in times of stress.
- Develop your problem-solving skills, including the four techniques of effective conflict resolution: Softened Start-Up, Accepting Influence, Repair Work, and De-escalation.
Find out how you can make your dreams and aspirations come true for you, your partner, and your relationship.
WHAT COUPLES SAY ABOUT CARALEE'S WORKSHOP
"Coming in, we were trying to decide if we were going to renew our friendship. This program is giving us the tools to do it."
"I have been inspired by this workshop!"
"Learned how to better plan out the life dreams and make it happen now!"
"Learning that there is a good process for working through the conflicts and leaning improved techniques for effective communication."
"Identifying subjects we need to discuss instead of ignoring."
"All of it! I loved the Aftermath of a Fight process and using gentle start up on a gridlocked issue. I learned SO much about myself, my husband and our relationship. I feel like we now have practical, functional and tremendously helpful tools. I’m SO grateful for the experience."
"SO, SO helpful. We realized at the core of our perpetual problem is the same core need and in processing the fight I physically felt lighter - I got a huge weight lifted off. I’m feeling hopeful about the future. THANK YOU!!!!!"
"Excellent! Loved it! Learned SO much! Tremendously grateful!"
"I feel that I’m coming away with some solid skills to improve my communication with my spouse. It’s all in the presentation!"
"We came to so many realizations. Seeing my husband 'get it' is a priceless, wonderful success. I’m 'getting it' too - and feel more competent and hopeful."
"We have pinpointed our communication problem. I feel so relieved and ready for our future. These are amazing tools. If love were enough we would all be perfect.These tools make everything much more do-able, possible."
"I didn’t even realize my core dream until this class. Without you I would still be lost and disconnected from what is most important to me. Thank you!"
"Realizing that most of our conflict comes from deeper emotions and wounds more than what we are actually fighting about."
"Caralee is amazing! A wonderful presenter and facilitator."
COST PER COUPLE:
- Early-Bird Special Rate: $675 per couple
- Standard Rate: $775 per couple
- Space-Available Rate: $825 per couple
Military members (active, retired, veterans) receive a $100 discount on early-bird and standard rates. Must show military ID at the door.
Register for the Art and Science of Love.
Still not sure if my Colorado weekend workshop is right for you? Contact me at [email protected] for a free consultation. I'm happy to introduce myself and answer any questions.